The Recycling Center is located at 2500 Eastwood Road. Hours of operation are Tuesdays 1:00 pm to 3:15 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. All vehicles entering the Recycling Center must have a Recycling Center Sticker affixed to the left side window which can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office. There will be no admittance without a valid sticker.
Acceptable Materials for Recycling
Glass that is acceptable:
clear, green , and brown food and drink containers.
- Keyboards & Mice
- Small-Scale Servers
- Fax Machines
- DVD Players
- Portable Digital Music Players
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Cable/Satellite Boxes
- Electronic or Video Game Consoles
- Cell Phones TVs, Large Monitors & Printers: These items must be taken to the Town’s Recycling Center, fees will apply
The following items shall be accepted at the Recycling Center: ACCEPTED
- Electronics: SEE “ELECTRONICS RECYCLING”
- Glass:Clear, Green, and Brown Glass Food and Drink Containers (Metal or Plastic Covers and Rings MUST BE REMOVED).
- Paper: Newspapers, Magazines, and Mixed Paper.
- Plastic: Plastic Containers must be marked with the Recyclable Emblem and a 1 (PET), 2 (HDPE), 3 (PVC), 4(LDPE), 5(PP), 6(PS), or 7(PC). Plastics not bearing one of these marks are NOT RECYCABLE. Containers must be rinsed and cleaned with caps/rings removed.
- Vehicle Batteries
- Motor Oil: Only Motor Oil may be placed in the tank provided on site.
- Tin/Aluminum Cans
- Metals: Metal items should be placed on the metal pile as designated by the attendant.
- Brush/Tree Limbs: Limbs MUST NOT exceed 6” in diameter.
- Yard Waste: Grass Clippings, Leaves, and similar Yard Waste should be deposited in the compost area as designated by the attendant.
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Chip Board: Cereal Boxes, Cracker Boxes, etc.
The following materials are specifically excluded from being deposited at the Recycling Center. NOT ACCEPTED
- Plastic Bags
- Household Garbage
- Building & Demolition Materials: Shingles, Plasterboard, Wood, Brick, and Plastics.
- Block Wood: Such as Tree Stumps, Chunk firewood, etc.
- Tires of Any Kind: Rims will be accepted, but tires must be removed.
- Metal Drums: New or Old Metal Drums of Any Size (e.g., 55 Gallon Oil Drums).
- Waxed, Plastic-Coated, or Food-Contaminated Cardboard or Chipboard Boxes
- Ceramic Drinkware/Cookware
- Clay Pots
- Mirror & Window Glass
- Light Bulbs
- Drinking Glasses